Thursday 11 November 2010



As I am beginning to think of the concepts for our digipak in more depth, I think that it will be extremely effective to have a variety of special effects placed around the cover to make our album stand out and draw attention to the public. Pink’s album front cover inspires me as the bold colour, pink stands out and makes the cover look funky and edgy which is what I want to do with the innovation of my digipak cover. The way how the white typography stands out on the pink writing is also extremely effective as white and pink contrast nice together. In my digipak I want to have a white background with a mixture of bright bold colours placed in the background so that everything stands out and creates a superior illustration. The way how the light and bright colours are used for Pink’s album front cover is ultimately appealing to me and as a result I am definitely considering of using many bright colours so that no individual will miss seeing my cover. Pinks album cover conveys her personality as to be seen as a stereotypical rebellious role model due to the way she is shot holding a chain in her mouth and wearing a white vest, which is conveying her masculnity. The plan is to make our digipak not look cliche but attract the public's eye with the use of a mix of bright bold colours on a white background. This will hopefully engage the audience and attract their eye.

1 comment:

  1. You might want to consider the conceptual framework from the exam when analysing existent covers. You might also want to consider all aspects of the cover within the same blog entry, since they are linked. Consider how the work links to and conforms to/ subverts expectations of:
    Genre
    Audience
    Narrative
    Representation
    Media Language

    It's good to link this to your developing ideas; you need to make sure you include some of the mock-ups you are creating in order to demonstrate how your thinking is evolving.

    ReplyDelete