Monday 11 April 2011

EVALUATION - Comparism with chemical brother's video for Electrobank

Comparism with Chemical brother’s video and mine:

http://www.woodstock.com/music-video/526/the-chemical-brothers-elektrobank/

This video for Chemical Brother’s similarly compares with the music video I have produced. The narrative is quite similar because my music video is related to sports in which Chemical Brother’s is also just the difference is that their video relates to gymnastics but mine relates to running. The videos however are still quite different but the narrative is similar. For example, within the video for Electrobank, they portray two characters that are competing against one another. The blonde character is represented as antagonist and the brunette character is represented as the protagonist. The brunette character is also represented as the underdog as she firstly struggles thinking she cant finish the competition but then she tries again and gives it her all in which her efforts paid off as in the end she actually won the competition and become victorious. This storyline is the one I linked closely too within the production of my music video for “We are the champions”. I wanted to create an aspect of rivalry within my video so I therefore used two female characters, one blonde and one brunette and I represented the brunette as the underdog within the video which created a stereotypical aspect to my video because many assume that the blonde girl is the most popular and always wins but in this case, the brunette character wins and becomes the champion which is what is shown within the video for Electrobank. My music video is closely linked with the Chemical Brother’s as the narrative theme is similar. There are a few differences but I am thoroughly happy with how my music video has turned out because I believe the narrative aspect of my video will keep my audience more appealed and drawn to the screen. I wanted to create the effect on the audience that if you don’t succeed, try again. This is what I portray within my music video as the brunette character doesn’t win the first race, but then she tries to pick up again by training consistently and therefore in the end winning the race and becoming the champion. As the protagonist wins the race, this refers to the fairytale of “Good always wins evil”.

No comments:

Post a Comment